Saturday, November 3, 2012

Falaffle

I was in a debate with someone the other day about religion and I call myself a relatively openminded person, whether or not you agree that's up to you. I kept listening to the person I was debating with and thinking 'alright that's a nice concept but..' and as they continued to talk themselves in circles I put in my two cents everyone so often. I enjoy a good debate once in a while... it's a good way to make sure that television/ music practice/ the changing world around me hasn't completely conformed my brain into a non-working blob. I enjoy debates even when I think the person is right and simply change my view in order to provoke chaos... I even enjoy debates when the person isn't completely knowledgable about every aspect of their opinion... as long as they are confident. But when you are not confident and try to convince me you are right but making up obvious lies about the topic at hand then it's slightly worthless and you might as well have never started the conversation in the first place.
For example (if you haven't noticed I like examples), The debate priorly spoken of we were debating a certain aspect of the bible... and something to do with the relavancy of the bible. He had said something along the lines of "the bible is irrelavant because it teaches you to try and be a good person but then the entirety of Ecclesiastes teaches that the worldly objects should be celebrated and worshipped." and I said 'you should read the entirety of that book because it also says that vanity oh vanities all the world is vanity.. and teaches that the world is pretty much worthless and the we shouldn't value the things of the world. " the person then changed his opinion because he was wrong and said "well that's not what I meant..." I suppose that my annoyance here is really people who don't say what they mean and then get angry at you for the inability to read minds. If someone knows how to read minds please give me some tips because it may save me from further wasting of time writing long message/ musing things such as this

No comments:

Post a Comment