Saturday, November 3, 2012

Admit One to Heaven

So I was working at Taco Bell when I was in my early teens at the cash register doing my calculus homework like a good lil student when this lady comes up and so I finish writing that the derivative of this equals the squareroot of that times the inverse of sine or whatever and say Good Evening How may I help you? And she sorta just looked at me in that judging way like..."I'm trying to read your mind and steal your soul" kind of way. Sort of like that theory on cameras... anyway... So I thought she was just confused so I said again a lil louder (cause she was kinda old and in my hypocritical stereotyping ways I thought maybe she didn't hear me) "Ma'am would you like to order something?" and she said no but that she had something for me.. and then riffling through her purse she grabbed this lil yellow piece of paper and handed it too me grabbing my hand and patting it saying "Jesus loves you" and walked away. I looked at the lil piece of paper and it was designed like a ticket saying on it "Admit one to heaven..." and my first thought of course was... admit only one??? and my second was to look down at what I thought was a rather large crucifix hanging from my neck and just pondered why she thought I needed saving.... maybe it's because I worked at taco bell.... there's a lot to be saved

No comments:

Post a Comment