Saturday, November 3, 2012

chocolate cake

so I told myself no more musings everyone on here is gonna think you have no life... well 1) I don't ... 2) I tried to make this an annoyance and realized that it was WAY too long




So here's a short musing instead
I get these sudden strong cravings for chocolate cake.. not often.. bout... once occasionally twice a month... but then I must have chocolate cake and everything else I eat tastes like dirt until I eat chocolate cake. So I usually make one from scratch... well this usually takes me ish three hours... so at about 8 tonight I had one of these cravings (prolly cuz I'm reading a book called death by chocolate one of those pretty lil paper backs you can buy for three dollars at the grocery store) anyways so I made it.. but around 9:30 when I was taking the cake out of the oven my father figure decided he wanted cake now... and started complaining "Anna am I gonna get a piece of cake tonight? Anna hurry up... Anna" Mind you he's supposed to be on a diet so he can live long enough to walk me down the isle... so says my mother. So I start to hurry my cake... I get it outta the pan asap and then start to frost it... well here's the dillema... if anyone has spent any time baking at all you know that if you frost a cake too soon before it's been properly cooled all hell breaks loose... meaning your cake sinks in the center...frosting goes all over the place... usually on the counter. And what's worse? The bottom part of your loverly layer cake obsorbs icing before you put on the top thus making the top significantly smaller than the bottom which wouldn't be a problem except then you can't make the sides smooth and I really need sleep because I'm ranting so much... anyways so here's the scoop... literally. I sliced a piece of cake and all of the icing on the top came rushing down in an avalanche crossed with a flash flood and low and behold I now have a gigantic homemade chocolate icing pool on my stovetop.. glass stove top... I don't know if you know what sugar does to glass stovetops when heated.. but it's not pretty... not to mention it's a white glass stove top... anyways I think I need a new hobby... or a new craving... I'm seeing grapefruit in my future...


Oh yeah... since my musing was so short I'll end on this note... I cut my father a slice of cake... and then I cut myself one... just to realize now... three hours later... I'm not hungry

No comments:

Post a Comment